Women's Networking is Different
August 10th Co-Ed Backpack Fundraiser
Wildfire Grill 74 Clinton Street, Montgomery, NY
$10 suggested donation or bring a backpack/school supplies + pay your own bill
Every summer, we collect school supplies and backpacks to help benefit the children in the Court Appointed Special Assistant (CASA) program. These children are in the foster care system and are in need of school supplies. Our goal is to collect 50 (this may be updated) pre-filled backpacks. Please help us in reaching our goal!
Please fill a new or very gently used backpack with school supplies such as:
- 1.5" 3-ring binder
- 200+ sheets loose-leaf paper
- 4 single subject spiral notebooks
- 3 composition books
- 10 pens
- 10 pencils #2
- 24 crayons
- 5 colored 2-pocket folders
Other supplies that are often desired:
If you have supplies, backpacks, or a donation, please bring it to one of our many convenient drop-off points by August 13th or fill multiple backpacks and contact us for a pick-up!
Final Drop-Off & Networking Luncheon
August 10th 2016 Co-Ed Backpack Fundraiser Luncheon
74 Clinton Street, Montgomery, NY
Drop off Locations
Each summer we look for locations around Orange County, NY to host collections for backpacks and school supplies. If you want to be a location for our next fundraiser, then please contact us.
Newburgh Envelope Company - email Amy Stillwaggon at email@example.com 1720 Route 300, Newburgh, NY
Allstate (Lori Buhagiar Agency) 125 Dolson Avenue, Campbell Plaza, Middletown, NY 10940 - ask for Lori Buhagiar or Debbie Mann
William A. Smith Insurance - 30 Scotts Corner Drive, Montgomery NY 12549 - Suite 201 2nd floor (or around back parking lot) - ask for Ellen Quimby
Debra Pearlman - Washingtonville, NY - by appointment only. Please call (845) 649-2727 to make arrangements.
Somehow you need to sandwich business networking between putting the kids on the bus and pulling a 10-hour workday.
And you still look fabulous.
Are you looking to connect with local women?
Please join us at our monthly luncheons:
- Ladies only
- Second Wednesday of the month
- Locations vary, with an eye towards affordability and a variety of cuisine (so we can survey different business dining venues around the county)
- $10 meeting fee + pay your own lunch bill (meeting fees may be made out to NWIN Day Chapter)
- RSVP's appreciated so we can warn the restaurant, but they are not necessary
- Bring business cards
In the tradition of the National Women's In Network, the Orange County Day Chapter has adopted a non-profit to fundraise for. Several times a year, we raise money or materials to assist the Court Appointed Special Assistants (CASA) program run by the Dispute Resolution Center. CASA trains and supports volunteers who advocate for abused and neglected children in the foster care system, both in the courts and checking in on their foster homes on behalf of the child. When we talk about a "Fundraiser event" we are collecting on behalf of CASA.
- All fundraiser events are open to both men and women
- You may make direct-donation checks out to CASA, and either send them directly to the DRC in Goshen, or give them to an NWIN director.
- Details and locations for our fundraisers will change for each event.
- Every summer, we collect backpacks and school supplies for the CASA children.